The Logy Bay-Middle Cove-Outer Cove Museum is seeking a full-time Museum Assistant for the summer season. The Museum Assistant will work under the direction of the Museum Coordinator and the Logy Bay-Middle Cove-Outer Cove Heritage Committee.
Duration of position: May 24 - September 2, 2016
- Applicants must have completed courses at the university level in folklore, history or related discipline
- Must possess excellent written and oral communicative skills
- Knowledge of museum and archival practices considered a definite asset
· The Museum Assistant will aid the Museum Coordinator with the daily operations of the museum
· They will conduct tours and help with public programming
· They will aid in conducting historic research
This position is funded through Young Canada Works. Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada, legally entitled to work in Canada. Applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment, and must be a full time student during the preceding academic semester, who intends on returning to school the following semester.
To apply please send a cover letter and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is April 30, 2016.