The Logy Bay-Middle Cove-Outer Cove Museum is seeking a full-time Museum Coordinator to manage the museum for the summer season. The Museum Coordinator will work under the direction of the Logy Bay-Middle Cove-Outer Cove Heritage Committee.
Duration of position: May 16 - September 2, 2016
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in folklore, history or related discipline
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess interest and knowledge of how to conduct historic research
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and possess great leadership qualities
- Knowledge of museum and archival practices considered a definite asset
- The Museum Coordinator is responsible for the daily operation of the museum
- They will conduct tours and implement public programs, manage social media pages, and manage the museum’s artifact collection
- They will manage the Museum Assistant
- They will develop and update the museum exhibits
This position is funded through Young Canada Works. Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada, legally entitled to work in Canada. Applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment, and must be a full time student during the preceding academic semester, who intends on returning to school the following semester.
To apply please send a cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com
Application deadline is April 30, 2016.